Exciting opportunity to join a Multi-billion dollar, World Renown CPG manufacturer to perform complex and interpretive financial analysis in support of business operations. This is a highly visible role with opportunities to present analysis and provide recommendations to management relating to periodic reporting of financial results, forecasts, and variance analysis. Partner with business to provide recommendations that ensure sound financial decisions are being made.
Act as a mentor and leader to less experienced staff. Minimum 5 years related experience.
Compensation: $85k - $105k + 10% Bonus + 9% 401k match
Location: Chicago, IL or Omaha, NE
- Deliver the financial forecast in collaboration with business partners
- Coordinate and communicate variance to plan and variance to forecast reporting
- Translate and communicate manufacturing activity and cost to P/L.
- Help maintain controls over accounting transactions to ensure the accuracy of the general ledger including documentation of Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Provide support for financial statements in compliance with GAAP and other regulatory requirements.
- Participate in period-end close activities to ensure completion of tasks and reconciliations for assigned teams.
- Ensure compliance to prescribed financial control requirements
- Provide relevant variance analysis including recommendations and strategies.
- Coordinate with plant controllers and their staff in the analysis of plant manufacturing costs, capital expenditures and balance sheet management.
- Support the annual forecasting process and Strategic Plan.
- Implement processes to forecast, plan, and track manufacturing activity and costs.
- Review standard project financials for capital and new product innovation projects
- Provide ad hoc analytical support
- Provide support to Manager Finance on projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or related
- 5+ years financial analysis experience
- Strong cost accounting experience along with knowledge of financial systems.
- Excel experience should be strong.
- Experience with SAP and Power BI is a plus.
- Forecasting: experience forecasting in a given area and understanding the key drivers of that area.
- Use analytics, benchmarking, and insights to produce meaningful financial strategies and solutions.
- Ability to drive issues to closure, exercise independent judgment, critical thinking, decision making, and problem-solving skills, plus takes the initiative and can work independently and handle several projects simultaneously.