What is a Web Application Developer?
A Web Application Developer is a member of the Information Technology Development team which supports the company’s critical business management, field operations, and digital interactive customer-facing systems. The team develops and provides routine daily support for enterprise-wide information systems and technology solutions, including our customer self-service portal and mobile application. This position will focus on developing improvements to our web and mobile application platforms in order to uphold and enhance the digital customer experience. Responsibilities may change as the needs of the department evolve. Title is commensurate with experience.
What does a Web Application Developer do?
· Conducts full support of the Software Development Life Cycle (including analysis, design, configuration, development, documentation, testing) for the company’s critical customer web self-service portal, customer mobile application, and other web/API related development including existing and incremental digital customer capabilities
· Collaborates with various internal and external teams to develop and deploy modern customer and internal business facing applications
· Actively participates in industry forums and communities to identify areas of opportunity that would further progress the organization’s practices and technology adoption
· Continuously seeks to optimize and streamline processes
· Implements design and architecture best practices
Very stable public utility
Opportunity to develop client facing web applications as part of a major digital transformation and modernization. Will interface with backend SAP implementation group responsible for greenfield implementation of SAP.
What does it take to be a Web Application Developer?
· Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of software development experience. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, an Associate’s degree and at least 5 years of software development experience.
· Experience in customer interactive web development, including backend API development
· Demonstrated knowledge and/or proficiency in C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Web API, IIS
· Experience with continuous delivery and agile development principles
· Experience in the requirements definition, design, development, and testing of applications; proven ability to scope/size projects and adapt to a variety of assignments
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organizational technology, processes, and priorities
· Demonstrated strong problem solving, analytical skills, and strategic thinking ability; proven ability to discern critical from minor problems
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to learn through hands on experience, peer mentoring, and formal training
· Must demonstrate the willingness to work in a collaborative team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision to deliver a quality product and interact effectively with individuals at all levels
· Valid driver’s license
· Degree in Computer Science, Software Development, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology or STEM field; Master’s degree
· Experience or knowledge of SAP S/4HANA and C4C, SAP Multichannel Foundation for Utilities and Public Sector, ODATA
· Experience leading technical projects, supervising teams or individuals; project/team leadership skills
· Experience operating within or deploying a development-operations (DevOps) model
· Experience with Episerver CMS or other web content management software tools
· Experience with the development of strategies and implementation of best practices
· Experience in Energy & Utilities or services industry