An industry-leading manufacturer of mechanical industrial equipment is seeking a Customer Service professional to work within an established company seeing very nice growth. In this role, you will be working with manufacturing companies throughout the region, in support of a great sales team and ultimately building trusted relationships to help your manufacturing customers solve problems.
Key areas you will be responsible for include:
- Process all incoming orders in a timely manner from receipt of order through verifying product availability, source and purchase a special product, pricing, terms, credit status, order entry, and release.
- Communicate customer’s expectations and follow the order through to fulfillment.
- Professionally handle incoming calls by addressing questions and facilitating the process to find answers when not readily available.
- Provide non-complex, technical product information to customers.
- Evaluate and resolve customer problems including product returns; identify and recommend process and product improvements.
- Assist outside sales representatives with non-complex quotations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum 2 years customer service and/or sales experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with ERP software is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong mechanical and sales aptitude
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- PC literate
- problem-solving ability
- Associates Degree (preferred), strong industry experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Prior successful experience in account management working with manufacturing companies (Sales to OEMs) is strongly preferred.
- A self-starter with a strong business development acumen.