Surgical Services Registered Nurse (RN)-Dallas, TX
Shift: Full Time-Days (12 hours) 6:30AM-7PM (No Weekends)
These hospitals are destination hospitals for highly specialized advanced cardiovascular and spine care. The new state of the art facility is conveniently located across Hwy. 75 and Forest Lane. This hospital has 63 private patient rooms and provides a wide array of cardiac services including complex vascular and heart surgery, advanced heart failure treatment, minimally invasive vascular surgery and other specialized heart care. The 24-bed Spine Hospital will provide comprehensive and coordinated spine care for common spine disorders and rare, hard-to-treat spinal deformities including adult and pediatric scoliosis, spondylolistheses, complex spine surgery and minimally invasive surgical options among others.
Job Duties Include:
- Use therapeutic communication in daily practice
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic OR and pre-surgical area environment
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual OR patients
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process
- Participate in Surgical Services specific initiatives and process improvement
- Monitors all patients for airway and pain management’
- Proficient in interpretation of EKG changes, lab values and hemodynamic monitoring
- Provides care to patients receiving high-risk intravenous therapies and blood components
- Performs direct patient care in the peri-operative patient with duties related in developing a surgical plan of care throughout the continuum
- BSN required within 24 months
- Current TX RN license or valid compact license
- Current BLS certification, issued by American Heart Association
- ACLS, required within 12 months
- Surgical experience required
- Two years acute care nursing experience required
- Minimum two years critical care preferred (CCU, ICU, CVICU)
- At least 1 year of experience spine/Ortho or trauma and at least 2 years as a nurse in a hospital setting.
- SPINE/ORTHO, or TRAUMA experience.
- MUST have Acute Care experience within the last year in Spine/Ortho specialty.
- Trauma experience REQUIRED
- Call required approximately 2x per month, as needed
Salary Range: $31.57- $42.62 (10 years experience) - $53.67(20 years experience)
Sign on bonus: Up to $10K
Relocation Assistance: Up to $3K