Senior Research Scientist
The Senior Research Scientist plays a critical role in clients culture of data driven continuous improvement and progress towards personalizing the experience for each student to optimize their outcomes. The Senior Research Scientist will help client achieve our equitable access and attainment goals and improve outcomes underrepresented populations by understanding correlated drivers and the impact different experiences have on individual learners. Research projects may cover faculty interventions, curriculum, policies or other student experiences.
The Senior Research Scientist is expected to execute the full life cycle of a study, including conceptualization of an idea, research design, primary data collection, accessing our database to obtain the data, data wrangling, performing the most appropriate quantitative and qualitative analysis and communicating the results through reports and presentations for internal and external audiences. The successful candidate is an effective research scientist with a passion for helping to close the achievement gap. An ideal candidate is also a continuous learner, working to improve their scientific tool kit to have a transformative impact on client and beyond.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Plans and executes research projects through design, data collection, analysis, and dissemination.
- Determines appropriate research methods including implementations studies, qualitative research, secondary data-analysis, quasi-experimental studies, and randomized controlled trials.
- Collects, combines and cleans data from multiple sources.
- Analyzes data, using statistical software and techniques.
- Designs and deploys surveys using software.
- Produces high-quality, client facing reports and presentations.
- Represent client by presenting at relevant conferences.
- Develops and maintains a collaborative relationship with all appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Deep knowledge of a field such as learning science, behavioral science, behavioral economics, education psychology, or related field.
- Expert ability to independently define and conduct original scientific research.
- Data manipulation using programming languages like SQL and Python.
- Data visualization skills using tools like Python and Tableau.
- Deep experience with qualitative and quantitative primary research methods.
- Proven ability to lead research projects including cost, resource, schedule management, compliance and reporting.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate research results and key ideas to lay and scholarly audiences.
- The ability to be a subject matter expert to provide thought leadership in the field.
- Thrives by working collaboratively and creatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and exemplifies pride and ownership over the quality of our learning experience.
- Ability to foster strong relationships within the team and external stakeholders
- Master’s degree in related field
- 5+ years leading research initiatives in learning science, behavioral economics, education psychology or related field
- PhD in related field
- Strong consideration given to candidates sharing a body of large-scale research outputs