Quality SupervisorEssential Functions: • Supervises and leads a team of QA Techs to ensure accountability and compliance to all Food Safety & Quality programs and specifications. • Guides the team through internal audits and guide management on all Food Safety & HACCP related programs, including new team member training. • Helps investigate and close customer concerns and helps track and communicate supplier bones and foreign material internally and externally. • Serves as a liaison to USDA communicating regularly on day-to-day functions and results of Supplier Foreign Material Supports.
Our client has been recognized as one of the best "Worker Friendly" cultures in the state.
1. Demonstrated three years supervisory experience in a USDA regulated facility leading a Quality Assurance team OR a bachelor’s degree and two years of leadership experience.
2. Strong interpersonal skills, to include professional oral and written communication, a team-focused approach and the ability to model composure/make decisions in stressful situations. 3. Able to organize and coordinate work within schedule constraints and handle emergent requirements in a timely manner.
4. Attention to detail: excellent organizational skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
5. Confident and experienced self-starter.
6. Competent experience in Microsoft Office 365 with an emphasis in Word, Excel, SharePoint & Planner applications, and comfortable learning and using new software/applications, as necessary.
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences, emphasis food science or closely related field 2. Prior experience working in an SQF Audited facility 3. Experience working in the food industry 4. Knowledge/work experience in poultry industry 5. Prior SAP user experience Supervisory Responsibility: This position will supervise the QA technicians at the Mocksville facility. Work Environment: High noise, cold temperature, warm temperature, slippery floors, moving equipment and dust may be present. Employees will wear personal protective equipment as necessary or required.