This is an exciting role for a true HR Business Partner. Use your business acumen and HR expertise to create, implement and deliver Best in Class services and solutions to our internal customers. PHR or SPHR is highly desired.
*Only local Chicago area Candidates. Must be commutable to western suburbs (Naperville area). 100% remote for now – in-office will be required post COVID.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) acts as a solution provider and trusted advisor in delivering essential HR support, advice, and services to facilitate and advocate on all HR matters and activities.
- Recruiting and staffing: workforce planning; creates/maintains job descriptions ; schedules interviews internal/external talent; develops employment terms (e.g., new-hires, promotions, transfers, etc.); ensures compliance/consistency with policies and practices and internal fairness and equity in staffing decisions; new-hire orientation, onboarding, offboarding; utilize HR systems and other productivity tools for efficient and effective HR services; and monitors/evaluates staffing, turnover, and headcount levels
- Performance management: facilitates/supports job performance and compensation reviews (e.g., new-hire, annual and 90-day reviews, merit, promotion/demotions, internal equity, etc.); coaching, training and goal alignment;
- Talent management and succession planning;
- Employee relations and issue resolution;
- Organizational and workforce planning and development;
- Change management/leadership; teambuilding, skills training and professional development;
- HRBP acts as a trusted advisor and single point of the contact for employees and managers.
- Proactively supports the rollout and delivery of HR Processes
- Manages complex and difficult HR Projects cross-functionally
- Builds a strong business relationship with the internal client
- Actively identifies gaps, proposes and implement changes necessary to cover risks
- Facilitates the management team to bring best solutions for employees
- Acts as the performance improvement driver and provokes positive changes in the people management
- Designs and maintains organization plans to facilitate performance improvement initiatives and goals. Designs succession plans for key positions and talent profiles
- Challenges the organizational structure of internal clients and proposes changes
- 5 or more years of Human Resources Generalist experience and 2 or more years in a Sr HR Generalist or supervisory role
- Strong consulting, advising, mentoring and leadership skills
- Strong employee relations experience ins resolving complex issues
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written, including the ability convey critical information to involved parties while maintaining the appropriate level of confidentiality and compliance
- Strong negotiation skills
- Project management and change management skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong time management and priorities management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Labor Law knowledge skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters is desired
- PHR is desired