Manufacturing CNC Engineer in Chicago Northwest Suburb.
Summary: Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in an industrial plant. Targeting experience with one of the following - CREO View, Pro-E, Solid Works and/or Auto CAD. The focus is on CNC machining, lathes, drill presses, LEAN in an industrial engineering & manufacturing environment.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Review and analysis of space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Train technical as well as non-technical associates. Assist others through moderate to complex tasks.
- Responsible for global lean systems and ensuring effective standardization of lean methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Quality analytics tools including but not limited to SPC, FMEA, PFMEA preferred
- Will interact with production support operators, team leaders, and shift supervisors to provide standard problem solving and process troubleshooting support.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with Suppliers to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Review component design with suppliers to verify cost, feasibility, capability, gauging, and overall conformance to specified tolerances. Develop plans to improve supplier processes and procedures to meet cost, specification and capability targets.
- Function as a technical liaison between our suppliers, Design Engineering, Purchasing, and manufacturing sites, as well as technical support to resolve quality and other related issues.
- Develop tooling designs and modifications as needed to ensure high quality and productivity
- Research new equipment and prepare capital expenditures for new equipment purchases.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, Engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Ability to travel throughout Europe visiting vendors and customers and have the potential to travel globally if necessary.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Manufacture Engineering or equivalent from four-year College or
- Three to five years related experience and/or training
- Experienced in Lean Manufacturing, FMEA, PFMEA , Gemba events.
- Understand CNC Machining centers such as: lathes (vertical/horizontal), drill presses, and laser and plasma cutters. Have basic knowledge of programming of machines such as MasterCam.