The HR Manager and Recruiter will have a broad base of business law and compliance knowledge, strong organization, presentation and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to develop and implement programs, employee training programs, policies and guidelines. Key objectives for this role include managing and leading HR employees, providing consultation to management compensation, attracting and developing employees, budgeting and employee relations. Successful leadership in effectively planning, designing, developing and evaluating human-resources related initiatives that support our strategic goals and develops a culture that enables employees to perform in accordance to company objectives.
Our client is a national leader in the design and manufacture, installation, and servicing of industrial components for consumer-facing specialty service businesses. They derive revenue from the sale of heavy cleaning equipment, as well as long-term service, maintenance, and supplies contracts. This $300MM company has experienced double digit growth annually and is expanding rapidly with a new venture capital partner. The firm employs over 1,000 nationally, with 200 based at company HQ in the western Des Moines Metro. This company has five manufacturing operations including Iowa, Wyoming, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Ontario (Toronto). This role is based out of Corporate Headquarters in the Des Moines Metro area.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business management, or related field.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic HR environment
• Prior experience managing a team.
• Competency in computer software skills, including Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
• Proven ability to interact with and influence senior leaders.
• Sound judgement, discretion, flexibility and integrity.
• Positive, professional presence and demeanor, exhibiting exceptional customer service
• Ability to interface effectively with internal and external customers, including employees at all levels of the organization and with diverse groups.
• Must maintain high standards of ethical and professional conduct and adhere to strict confidentiality policies and procedures.
• Detail-oriented; must ensure a high level of accuracy.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
• Must demonstrate initiative and deliver results.