Responsibilities: Supervises staff, plans and implements all maintenance activities in the plant in order to maximize production while adhering to standard safe practices and procedures. Maintains systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules, restoring, repairing, rebuilding or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts. Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensures all plant and equipment are in top operating conditions and are available for production as needed.
- Organizes and plans regular maintenance work on all equipment and systems within the plant.
- Reviews preventative procedures, evaluates and maximizes maintenance procedures collaborating with other Operation departments identifying problems and requirements.
- Selects, orients, trains, assigns, schedules, coaches, counsels and disciplines staff.
- Supervises the activities of maintenance associates so that they are in compliance with the Company's regulations concerning safety procedures.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal codes and regulations.
- Evaluates functionality and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment. Improves function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by studying performance results; identifying, recommending and implementing changes, expansions and additions.
Requirements: Ideal candidate will have a BS degree in Engineering or related discipline OR technical education equivalent plus 1-3 years of related experience. Specific necessary competencies include:
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Prior poultry plant experience.
- Should have troubleshooting ability, technical knowledge of production equipment, mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Knowledge of Preventive & Predictive Maintenance and CMMS
- Should possess excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills along with the ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Must be open to all shifts.