Director Software Product Development
Provide thought leadership and direction to an agile software development organization developing IoT connected fleet and service management products that are global and cloud-based. Champion development of new or improved software applications, platforms, and integrations that provide value to customers based on customer feedback, state-of-the-art technologies, and competitive products. Collaborate with counterparts in Engineering, Design, and IT to align efforts on a global basis. Oversee project planning and technical review. Make individual contributions when experience, capability or need requires it. Manage outside contracts and consultants. Work directly with customers, sales teams, and development teams to ensure objectives are achieved. Ensure compliance with regulatory, security, and privacy requirements across the globe including the European General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR). Ensure adherence to Company practices and policies for software applications. Manage penetration testing and security audits. Maintain and expand the coverage of International Standardization Organization (ISO) 27001 compliance. This position reports to a Vice President and directly supervises Managers, Supervisors, Leads, and/or other personnel.
- Bachelor degree, in Computer Science. Management Information Systems, Information Technology or related
- 8 years related experience in application development
- Highly proficient in software development, project management, and team development
- Good written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to nontechnical people to enhance understanding and drive to decisions that lead to positive outcomes
- Ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels