Be the jack-of-all-trades Electrical Engineer in this Chemical Plant taking responsibility for the engineering associated with power distribution, instrumentation and control systems.
The “Electrical and Instrument Engineer” is responsible for designing, developing, installing, and maintaining equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery and processes. .
Location: Chicago near Midway Airport
- Design and develop new control systems
- Assist with trouble shooting and maintenance of chemical plant electronic control systems, substations, PLC’s, high voltage equipment, and other electronic equipment
- Assist with high voltage maintenance
- Interact with power utility company on supply issues
- Assist with corporate IT to manage plant phone and computer systems
- Advise and assist unionized plant electricians with daily plant issues
- Test, maintain and modify existing systems
- Analyze data while working collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers and other internal staff
- Act as liaison with clients, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities
- Project management within cost and time constrained environments
- Understand and ensure compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards
- Provide advice and consultancy support
- BS Electrical Engineering. Advanced degree preferred
- 3+ related experience in a manufacturing plant where hazardous liquid chemicals, flammable gases, or flammable dusts are present.
- Experience with both Power Distribution and Control Systems/ Instrumentation wiring.
- Experience with ISO Quality Management systems preferred
- A self-starter and problem solver with Excellent planning, analytical and communications skills
- Organized and able to maintain good records/ files
- Sorry, no sponsorship