Audit Manager- Unlimited PTO and Summer half day Fridays
Firm seeks dynamic self-starter for a current career opportunity as a Manager in our Audit Department Firm provides audit and assurance services that assist our clients in meeting contractual or regulatory obligations while helping them create, enhance and protect value. We guide clients with insightful and timely perspectives on financial performance and relevant recommendations regarding procedures and internal controls. We also provide the strategic and operational advice to guide entrepreneurial businesses to financial success.
We work with a wide variety of clients across multiple industries.
- Manage multiple concurrent engagements with the practice to provide technical accounting and financial or business advisory guidance to clients.
- Lead and manage audit, review, and compilation engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards, within budget and deadline expectations.
- Perform detailed reviews of workpapers completed by other associates. Review and/or prepare financial statements, footnotes and management letters for audit, review compilation, agreed-upon procedures, and other attestation engagements
- Perform risk assessment and linkage to audit procedures at the beginning of the engagement.
- Demonstrate knowledge of complex accounting concepts. Conduct research, prepare memorandums and summarize findings.
- Demonstrate exceptional client experience by providing quality, timely, deliverables.
- Manage, develop, train and mentor staff and senior accountants on assignments and assess performance for reviews.
- Assist Partners with new business development, extended service and consulting opportunities for existing clients.
- Demonstrate industry knowledge, experience and thought leadership including providing continuing education seminars when necessary and occasional writing for marketing and industry publications.
- Keep up-to-date on current accounting and audit practices and changes in tax law.
- Bachelors degree in Accountancy
- CPA license
- Seven or more years audit experience in public accounting
- Excellent analytical, technical and auditing skills
- Strong current knowledge of US GAAP and GAAS
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to articulate complex information
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching and mentoring skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- MBA other advanced degree
- Experience with real estate and construction; manufacturing and distribution; hospitality industries; professional services; not-for-profit; employee benefit plans
- Working knowledge of tax issues facing corporations, pass-through entities and partnerships
- Experience with CCH Document, Engagement CS, PPC SMART Practice Aids, CCH Axcess
- Knowledge of PCAOB engagements
We provide competitive compensation, benefits including employee’s health and life insurance and a 401(k) plan. We offer a flexible work environment including casual dress attire, unlimited PTO, half-day Fridays during the summer and many opportunities for advancement. We are a growing firm and we look forward to the opportunity to add the right candidate to our team.