Compliance Audit Manager- Growing Bank- $45 Billion in Assets
Hybrid work from home schedule
Full Job Description
Founded in 1991 with the idea to be the alternative to the big banks, this bank has since grown into a financial services company with more than $45 billion in assets, headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. Through our multiple companies and divisions, we provide traditional community banking and commercial banking services, wealth management solutions, commercial and life insurance premium financing, mortgage origination, and short-term accounts receivable financing and certain administrative services, such as data processing of payrolls, billing, and treasury management services. We provide community-oriented personal and business banking services to customers located in the greater Chicagoland area, northwest Indiana, and southern Wisconsin through more than 175 community bank locations.
Internal Audit independently and objectively assesses processes to evaluate the adequacy of the design and effectiveness of internal controls. Internal Audit is responsible for providing assurance and guidance across all lines of business (i.e. core banking – deposits / lending, mortgage lending, wealth management – broker dealer / advisory / trust, leasing, insurance premium finance, payroll financing) and corporate functions (i.e. accounting / finance, compliance, risk management, information technology, information security). Team members are encouraged to think creatively, challenge current processes, build relationships, identify and evaluate emerging risks, and hold themselves and teammates accountable in a flexible and delivery driven environment.
This Consumer Compliance Audit Manager will be primarily responsible for assisting with the planning and completion of consumer compliance program audit activities; however, will also assist in other audit engagements as assigned by audit management. The role will work in a collaborative environment to execute the audits while occasionally working independently with supervision. This role will be responsible for leading audit engagements, assisting in the development / refinement of the scope of the audit, devise an appropriate testing approach, ensure workpaper quality, and audit completion timeliness. Further, must possess strong communication skills to effectively communicate with team members throughout the audit process and to communicate audit results to internal audit clients.
The position is currently work-from-home due to COVID-19.
- Perform various roles on audit engagements based on the needs of the team, including leading and/or staffing audits
- Work closely with other audit manager and team members to develop and execute audit planning and fieldwork
- Assist with the completion of required planning documentation, perform process walkthroughs, and draft risks, controls, and test programs
- Execute testing in accordance with department and IIA standards producing clear and concise documentation that aligns with test objectives
- Apply analytical skills to review information, assess audit results, and evaluate adequacy of controls
- Complete workpaper review of the audit team members to ensure departmental standards have been met
- Effectively communicate audit results, both verbally and in writing, to team members and stakeholders
- Perform issue validation as needed
- Maintain professional standards as defined by IIA, Internal Audit Charter, and company policies
- Obtain and maintain an awareness of organizational, procedural, and technological changes that have occurred / planned to occur within responsible areas
- Develop positive working relationship and maintain effective communication with audit leadership team, audit team members, audit clients, and key stakeholders
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, from an accredited college or university, with a major in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field of study
- Prefers a candidate with a compliance related professional certification (i.e. CRCM). Candidate with an audit or compliance related certification or working toward a related certification, but not yet completed, will also be considered (CRCM, CPA, CIA)
- Demonstrated experience and competency with consumer banking regulatory mandates and the assessment of risks and controls
- Minimum of 4+ years of relevant audit experience in internal audit and / or consumer banking compliance
- Strong knowledge of internal audit processes (i.e. sampling, testing, and process/control walkthroughs) with strong workpaper documentation skills
- Team-oriented individual and able to work independently, when needed
- Strong leadership skills – ability to influence and motivate others
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in utilizing computer-assisted audit tools and techniques and internal audit management software (TeamMate+) desired