As a Process Engineering in a well-established Chemical Manufacturing Plant, you’ll be involved with all aspects of Process & Project Engineering. You’ll spend a significant amount of time in the plant pitching in with trouble shooting and coming up with future improvement projects . You’ll also complete small capital projects through to start-up.
This is a high visibility position in a plant with a capital budget to spend. They are expanding at this site. As you know, it’s interesting to work on a site functioning with a growth-mindset.
Career paths forward will vary in this organization that values employee career development. Also, expect competitive base pay, a good employee benefits package, and a profit-sharing bonus that has historically paid well.
Site location: Chicagoland- near Midway Airport
The work: This is a typical Plant Process Engineering role -
- Take responsibility for on-going plant optimization; conduct raw materials, yield, and energy improvement studies; use ChemCad for process modeling
- Participates in plant trouble shooting of both operational and mechanical problems
- Become a plant process expert and take a leadership role in initiating process improvement projects
- Design and implementation process modifications to improve safety, throughput, and energy efficiency; execute small Capital Projects ($10K-300K) including equipment upgrades, process control improvements, and maintenance repairs.
- Facilitate and participate in Process Hazard Analyses (PHA), compile written process safety information, and implement action items.
- Conduct prestart up safety reviews (PSSR)
- Work within the SH&E Management System and actively support safety objectives with a goal of zero incidents
- Develop engineering and maintenance procedures
- Assist customers as required.
Applicant background requested:
We are searching for a mid-career Chemical Engineer who enjoys working in a plant environment and who would thrive leading process plant optimization initiatives and projects. Some experience supporting a site that operates under the OSHA PSM regulations is required.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in a chemical plant or refinery
- Includes 3+ years on a site that operates under the OSHA 1910.110- Process Safety Management of Highly Hazardous Chemicals
- Experience with PSSR, MOC and PHA as a coordinator and active participant.
- Proficient in the use of ChemCAD for process modeling
- Strong skills in communication, planning skills, and data/ facts analysis.
- Ability to partner with people having diverse backgrounds and lead teams that include engineers, chemists, hourly workers, and their supervisors.
- Best with some time spent interacting with Union labor employees (but not required)
- Technical awareness of good engineering standards, practices, and codes.
- MUST be authorized to work for any employer in the USA without sponsorship. Sorry, no current or future sponsorship available.
I’m recruiting for an Equally Opportunity Employer
(I have not posted the entire salary range. We will discuss your salary requirements before I forward your resume.)