- Well established foods manufacturing facility has a need for a Maintenance Supervisor on 2nd shift
- Company has been in business for 47 years with sales at $13 billion.
- They offer fantastic benefits and are big believers in continuous improvement and promotability
- The Supervisor is responsible for managing, directing, and coordinating the maintenance activities and resources necessary for manufacturing
- Full Relocation assistance will be provided
- Pay base + 10% bonus + 10% shift differential
- Sponsorship and visa transfers are not available
- Direct the activities of the shift maintenance staff with the ability to lead, coach and develop hourly maintenance employees. Great emphasis on building talent through coaching and mentoring and holding the team accountable.
- Promotes a proactive approach for maintaining and improving equipment reliability.
- Interact with plant production management to ensure that production and maintenance work as a team. Strive towards common goal.
- Recommend equipment upgrades and implement upon approval utilizing expertise in the industry.
- Assist in the design, fabrication and implementation of new equipment.
- Direct the training of new maintenance employees.
- Coordinate maintenance coverage in cases of vacation, call-off, project work and training.
- Oversee and insure that all safety procedures are followed in the maintenance department.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. College degree or Vocational maintenance training/certifications preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in a maintenance manufacturing supervisory level position with desire to advance career through training and development.
- Mechanical troubleshooting skills with knowledge with pneumatics, hydraulics, 480 volts, ACDC, 3phase motors, PLC, welding and fabricating and refrigeration experience preferred
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/TPM/Six Sigma methodologies is a plus.
- Must have manufacturing maintenance experience – ideally from a food, consumer products, plastics, packaging, molding, or related industries.
- Open to any manufacturing or military maintenance experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office experience).
- Open to working a 2ndor 3rd shift and weekends as needed (overtime and shift differential will be paid)
Military veteran preferred