The Human Resources Director will report to the Chief Executive Officer to drive all aspects of the strategic and tactical people strategy to support short-term and long-term business goals. This strategic role will be responsible for all aspects of the HR function: workforce planning; talent acquisition and retention; compensation and benefits; training and talent development; organizational design; HR metrics as well as compliance.
The Director, Human Resources will recommend, direct and implement programs and policies that reinforce a positive employee atmosphere and develop action plans along with leadership to drive employee engagement and retention. This is a strategic, think on your feet role as a business partner where you will have broad scope while working with all members of the management team. It also requires tactical, “roll up your sleeves” approach to support the employees.
- Translate business strategies and objectives into the appropriate HR actions and initiatives.
- Provide consulting expertise in the areas of organization effectiveness, employee relations, performance management, employee retention, change management, manager coaching, compensation planning and programs, talent acquisition and retention, benefits plans, etc.
- Ensure proper implementation and execution of HR programs and initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, local regulations as well as internal policies, and procedures.
- Develop practices and programs that attract, retain and develop the best possible talent in the marketplace and makes the company an employer of choice. Partner with management to hire, train and motivate their team to deliver results.
- Develop and deliver training plans and programs.
- Services as the Affirmative Action compliance officer.
- Strategically select and administer all corporate and employee benefits and services to include health care programs, 401k, life insurance, disability insurance, leave management and benefits.
- Collaborate with management and staff to drive workforce planning initiatives within department teams.
- Provide proactive guidance and counsel to managers and employees on employee relations issues.
- Introduce, lead and influence change management initiatives with management staff in order to address issues that will enhance overall performance.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum 10 years of total business experience with 7 years of applicable HR Business Partner and strategic leadership experience is required.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology, or related area of focus strongly preferred
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification a plus.
- Informal "roll up your sleeves and get it done" leadership style that is people-centric, effective and marked by a high level of energy.
- Proactive in developing and effectively introducing alternatives to current HR practices as appropriate.
- Program and Project Leadership skills
- Well-developed team building and influencing skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address sensitive HR issues.
- Demonstrated responsibility in building, leading, and mentoring a team strongly preferred
- Proven track record of HR leadership required including HR strategy development, talent management, talent acquisition, performance management, leadership development, total rewards, workforce engagement and HRIS.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and influencing skills required
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ownership
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Must demonstrate strong business acumen and business partnering skills
- Team and organizational dynamics assessment and development
- Demonstrated ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships and work well in a team-based environment. Change management and the ability to shape the environment required
- Strong knowledge of leading talent management philosophies and strategies as well as strategy development
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suites and HCM systems