Our client, a leader in the Landscape Maintenance industry for over 60 years, is currently looking for a Senior Accountant to join our talented team in the Lake Forest area. (North Suburbs of Chicago)
- So much opportunity! Explosive growth- and the resources to support it.
- Our client is focused on quality of life for his team with limited overtime and a Hybrid work from home schedule
- Benefits are A+ and include Medical, Dental, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, 401K with Match, tuition reimbursement , PTO and a company wide fully paid two week year end break!
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the monthly accounting and financial statement preparation for certain subsidiaries, as assigned. The Senior Accountant will focus on developing and refining accounting processes and financial systems for the subsidiaries, with the goals of quickening the accounting close process, strengthening financial controls, and seeking to implement other process improvements at the subsidiaries and across the Company.
- Perform all monthly accounting close tasks for certain subsidiaries in order to close the books timely and accurately at each month-end
- Contribute to the implementation of Oracle NetSuite as the Company’s ERP system and help to identify and deploy system and reporting enhancements in NetSuite after go-live
- Develop process improvements that over time will reduce or eliminate manual, paper-based processes and replace them with more efficient processes by leveraging the NetSuite ERP and other tools
- Enhance the monthly financial reporting beyond standard financial statements to include Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) such as revenue by customer segment; working capital metrics such as Days Sales Outstanding (DSO), Days Payable Outstanding (DPO), and Days Inventory On Hand (DIOH); customer orders; backlog statistics; labor and overtime metrics; etc.
- Implement internal controls for the aforementioned subsidiaries such as Balance Sheet account reconciliations, documentation of approval for expenditures, account roll-forwards, etc.
- Assist the Corporate Controller and other members of the Accounting team with implementation of the ASC 842 Leases accounting standard
- Play a key role in the annual year-end audit by supplying requested data to the Company’s auditors and answering auditors’ questions
- Gain exposure to the accounting for other entities and to purchase accounting for acquisitions
- Ensure revenue recognition at the assigned subsidiaries is in compliance with ASC 606 Revenue From Contracts With Customers
- Assist the CFO, Corporate Controller, and others with various tasks and special projects, as assigned
- 3-6 years of experience in the Accounting field, preferably with experience taking ownership of the accounting for an entity or entities from end to end
- Experience identifying and implementing process improvements to accounting processes and administrative functions of a company
- Experience in an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing environment a plus
- Private equity and multi-site operating model experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- CPA is a plus but not required
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong Excel skills at the Intermediate or Advanced level
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite a strong plus, but not required
- Knowledge of ASC 606 revenue recognition and ASC 842 lease accounting standards a major plus
- Able to analyze, summarize and articulate complex financial information
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Understanding, yet persuasive and decisive when dealing with others
- Positive-oriented personality; a responsive team player
- Task and goal oriented; capable of functioning in an entrepreneurial environment and dealing with ambiguity