The Digital Project Manager is a very important role at our client. They are a project lead and champion — using wit, wisdom, empathy, creativity, and innovation to lead meaningful and rewarding client engagements. The Digital Project Manager is a passionate, driven leader who can confidently shape project strategies and lead teams and contribute to building an effective and profitable project management practice.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be an independent self-starter who is social impact-oriented, entrepreneurial, confident, and driven. You’ll need proven expertise in leading digital transformation and web/application design and implementation projects across business, strategy, creative, and technical disciplines within nonprofit organizations. You need to have an empathetic, inclusive, relationships-driven, communicative approach to project management and client engagement.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Digital Project Manager, who will lead project teams in executing all aspects of projects, playing an important role in guiding the direction and destiny of our work with clients. You’ll balance strategy and tactical implementation for web platform, application, and digital projects from planning and discovery through to architecture, design, technical development, and continuous improvement.
This requires (must have):
- Conducting finely detailed project planning for multiple concurrent 6-12 month, each with multiple tracks of interdependent work; ensuring execution runs as planned; and carefully managing project changes.
- Experience leading project budgets greater than $500k and multi-discipline teams of at least 3-5 resources including content strategists, information architects, user experience architects, business analysts, visual and interaction designers, developers, and QA specialists.
- Carefully navigating complex political landscapes within multi-stakeholder client teams, and documenting and mitigating risks stemming from them.
- Maintaining healthy project economics, ensuring deliverables are produced in the allotted time, and producing and analyzing detailed reports on project budgets.
- Conducting Quality Assurance testing of software to verify documented functionality.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the client engagement lead (account lead) to develop overall project engagement strategy and work with discipline leads and project teams to execute on plans.
- Analyze project progress on a weekly basis and ensure team time tracking and billing is complete and accurate.
- Facilitate the elicitation of all business, functional, and other requirements for the project with support from other disciplines; and maintain organized requirements documentation.
- Provide active direction to the entire project team on their activities and deliverables, to ensure work is aligned to client expectations and progressing as planned. Collaborate with the engagement lead on risk tracking and mitigation strategies when necessary.
- Contribute to developing best-in-class project management practices and leading continuous improvement with the director of client services and project management team.
- Establish plans for project scope and work breakdown structure, critical path and baseline structures, project communication, reconciliation and forecasting, risk analysis and mitigation, quality assurance, and closure.
- Lead quality assurance and user acceptance planning and testing, including creating and executing test scripts to test product features and identify defects.
- Contribute to the authoring of contracts and statements of work for time and materials and fixed price projects.
- Document user procedures and lead client training on technology platforms as needed. Support them in their content planning, production, input, and QA efforts.
- Support business development with current and prospective clients, leading: initial intake conversations and developing engagement approaches; developing scopes and estimates; drafting approach summaries, proposals, and contracts; and guiding contracts through negotiation to signature.
Experience you’ll need:
- 3+ years of web, digital, and/or interactive project management experience across business, creative, and technical disciplines; mix of interactive agency and client side environments preferred.
- Significant experience in the development of large-scale digital solutions utilizing Agile methodologies such as SCRUM, Kanban, etc., and waterfall methodologies.
- Deep understanding of project strategy, economics, and operations, including expertise in financial processes and requirements and cost analysis and reconciliation.
- Knowledge of and experience with resource management.
- Thorough understanding of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and evidence of applying important principles to effective design and management of projects is essential.
- Understanding of web-based technology and development processes.
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally for project-related activities (less so during a pandemic).
Nice to have:
- PMP and other project management qualifications/certifications are beneficial but not essential.
- Knowledge of Drupal, Wordpress, and open-source CMS technologies.
- Knowledge of integration of open-source technologies with CRM and eCRM platforms such as Salesforce, Everyaction, NVP-VAN, etc.
- Previous experience and/or work with nonprofit and progressive organizations and a commitment to supporting social causes through digital technology.
- Expertise with Airtable, Smartsheet, Basecamp, 10,000ft, and/or other similar project and resource management tools.