Love your job!
Our client, an extremely successful and long term player in the automotive OEM and aftermarket industries, has an immediate to attract an EHS Manager to the (just south of) Birmingham Alabama location. Relocation assistance is available. Immigration sponsorship is not.
- Exceptional salary
- a strong bonus program
- extremely cost affordable medical / dental / vision plans,
- life insurance
- 401k with match
- Health Care Reimbursement and Dependent Care Reimbursement Programs – choice of HSA or FSA
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- 14 company paid holidays
The EHS Manager will be responsible for planning, scheduling, and coordinating departmental activities of a comprehensive Safety, Health, and Environmental program addressing all areas of operations in compliance with local, site, and federal OSHA requirements and Company Policies. Part of the plant management team reporting direct to the Plant Manager. This position has 2 direct reports and budget responsibility.
What the ideal candidate needs:
- Relevant 4 year degree
- years of professional experience in health and safety in a manufacturing environment
- Leadership experience in management a mixed team of hourly and professional associates
- Knowledge and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Six Sigma, Fishbone, KT, 8D, etc.
- Moderate to advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong knowledge of applicable federal and state safety and health regulations
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective presentation and motivation skills
- Knowledge of Behavioral Based Safety programs
- Strong human relations and team building skills
- Strong analytical and process skills