Do you have experience with power distribution?
Would you like to learn more about sustainability and take ownership of the sustainability for the plant?
Would you like to work on new equipment projects?
Would you like to work with multiple diverse projects in an always changing environment?
Would you like to work within a group of engineers?
This position could be for you!
Manufacturer is seeking a Power Distribution Engineer to work in their project engineering team. The Power Distribution Engineer will report to the Engineering Lead, serve as the power distribution expert for the plant and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Maintain and improve the electrical safety program, including arc flash
- Oversee and optimize facility electrical power distribution
- Assist with development and maintaining systems to monitor plant power usage
- Drive the vision for the plant's future sustainability plan
- Oversee engineering projects and preventative maintenance initiatives
- Support other engineers with electrical needs for new manufacturing cells and lines
- Establish continuous improvement directives
- Complete detailed data analysis
- Research and coordinate cost justification for new projects
- Monitor and implement energy savings projects
- Oversee up to three projects at one time
- Other engineering tasks as assigned
Candidates should be interested in leading the site's sustainability directives. This position involves heavy data acquisition and analysis. Candidates should be able to manage their own projects with minimal supervision, be able to build rapport on the manufacturing floor and enjoy working within a team of engineers. This position requires candidates to be on the manufacturing floor up to 50% of their day, potentially more during project work. Individuals should have excellent floor communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with front line associates.
Medical benefits are available the first of the month after 30 days of employment. Holidays, vacation, relocation, 401K and bonus! This position does require candidates to work over holiday shutdowns and some weekends to complete projects.
REQUIREMENTS for the Power Distribution Engineer:
1. Minimum of an Associate' degree in a technical field; Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technologies highly preferred
2. At least one year in a similar power distribution engineering position; co-ops and internships can be included
3. Experience working with power distribution
4. Working knowledge of arc flash
5. Willingness to take on plant sustainability
7. Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Skills preferred but NOT required:
1. Automotive manufacturing work experience
2. Capital equipment projects
3. Exposure to Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies
4. Robotic, PLCs, controls and/or automation experience
5. Strong data analysis skills
Why work for this organization:
1. New capital equipment projects
2. Diverse business mix (Honda, Toyota, Ford and other OEMs)
3. Supply truck, car and van markets
4. Competitive benefits package and bonus
5. Strong project work
6. Opportunity for advancement
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Bellefontaine, Ohio area. There is a competitive relocation program available for candidates with all of the required core functions of the job.
power distribution engineer, reliability engineer, sustainability engineer, project engineer, product engineer, manufacturing engineer, application engineer, process engineer, equipment troubleshooting, lean manufacturing, 6-sigma, six sigma, 6 sigma, green belt, tier one, tier two, tier 1, tier 2, electrical engineering, electrical, electrical engineering technologies, BSEET, BSEE, plc, programmable logic controls, plcs, robotics, controls, automation,