Accounting Manager Role Summary
The Accounting Manager will drive effective and accurate financial processes for this 500 MM division, adhering to policies, controls and GAAP. Support the divisional leaders with forecasting, reporting and analysis needs. Understand and champion business philosophies for accounting and reporting activities. Lead the financial analysis and forecasting processes. Manage the accounting personnel and support their responsibilities.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of business and financial information in compliance with policies and US GAAP. Develop and maintain financial reporting processes that exceed internal and external audit requirements. Ensure documentation and monitoring of internal controls in accordance with policies.
- Manage the receivables and assigned staff accounting team members for a division with a high volume of customer and vendor transactions.
- Facilitate and complete monthly close requirements and consolidation procedures including the management and diligent review of the accounting staff’s work.
- Effectively manage, communicate and coordinate the exchange of financial information (plan, actual results, and outlook) to key stakeholders with in-depth knowledge of highlights and variances.
- Support Division Controller and leadership team to achieve division goals and objectives, including the annual operating plan, long range strategic plans, capital investments and other ad hoc projects.
- Identify, lead and develop talent to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness in meeting company goals. Fosters a culture of engagement and accountability.
- Coordinate internal and external audits as well as other corporate requests.
- Critical partners in overall ERP & Financial Data Management and will play a critical role in the implementation of all future business systems and tools.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred
- 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Demonstrated experience (at least 2 years) managing a direct staff of accounting professionals
- An intelligent professional with outstanding written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills who can relate to all people at all levels.
- Must be able to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Demonstrated accountability for results and understanding of the financial impact of decisions
- Excellent knowledge of ERP and BI systems, Microsoft Office software