Were in immediate need of Antenna Test Engineer within the Automotive industry. Though automotive experience is not necessary, it is desirable. You will maintain and operate an indoor anechoic testing facility and an outdoor vehicle test range, as well as perform laboratory and field testing of antennas and related products (such as amplifiers) for automotive applications in infotainment, telematics, and related communications protocols. Maintaining and upgrading the software used to operate the test equipment
Your responsibilities will also include the testing and evaluation of automotive antennas and related RF products, as well as assisting the Antenna design team with product development.
• Review customer technical specifications, design guidelines and related documents, and develop test routines to meet them
• Cooperate with other design engineers on-site and in other worldwide locations, in ensuring that our designs meet all customer requirements for performance, reliability, safety, and cost
• Fabricate test fixtures and other equipment as needed, with the assistance of other team members
• Meet with customers and provide technical support as needed
• Assist the on-site engineering team with all aspects of customer technical support
• Some travel may be required, including occasional international travel to Europe and Asia. Approximately 5% - 10% of total work time may be dedicated to business travel. (International travel is currently on hold due to COVID).
Come and work with us a small division of a very large RF antenna company who is looking for career oriented engineer who enjoy challenging automotive RF work with good pay. We can boast job security and put you to work within the automotive capital of the country
A degree in a relevant field such as EE or physics. We are looking for a recognized professional with the following attributes:
• Minimum of Two years of experience in antenna design. Desire 4-15 years
• BSEE required. Advanced degree in electromagnetics preferred. Candidates with degrees in other engineering disciplines will be considered, if coupled with relevant experience in automotive RF.
• Experience in antenna technologies and applications specific to the automotive industry.
• Must have an understanding of electromagnetic theory, microwave and antenna design.
• Must have good work experience with a signal generator
• Must be Proficient in MATLAB or Python.
• Knowledge of AM/FM, SDARS, GNSS, RKE, 4G/5G LTE, 802.11, Bluetooth, DSRC, and C-V2X is preferred.
• Proficiency in MATLAB.
• Hands-on skill with FEKO antenna simulation tool (or related tools such as CST-MWS and HFSS) is preferred.
• Experience of tackling key technical problems or innovative designs independently.
• Proactive and self-motivated. Curiosity and sensitivity for science, technology and engineering are essential.
• This position will require a variety of skills and cover many varied tasks; therefore
flexibility, an ability to work independently, and move “outside the comfort zone” will be essential to success.
• Good team spirit and communication skills.