Enjoy your work with a successful controls system design firm in the Fairmont, MN area! This is a great opportunity to design automation systems in different industries! Our client is growing and looking for an Electrical Design Engineer with an electrical background.
In this position you will participate in the electrical design of automation systems and work on projects from concept to acceptance. Great benefits with the employer paying 90% of the employee's premium.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ Years’ Experience
- Preferred college degree in electrical or engineering related field.
- Minimum Electrician’s certificate with demonstrable experience in modern wiring methods.
- Exposure to Allen Bradley or Siemens PLC’s, HMI’s, , and Electrical design.
- Good knowledge of electromechanical relationships of an entire automation system
- Ability to design basic power distribution and control circuits
- Understands electrical codes and standards, including UL, CE, NFPA, etc
- AutoCAD Electrical is not required but would be considered a plus.
- Design basic control circuits, PLC control panels, motor starter panels, and motor control centers.
- Ensure the electrical design is functional, robust, and cost effective.
- Determine power and load requirements/restrictions.
- Innovate and use good judgment to incorporate company automation standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Research and specify appropriate purchased and preferred components.
- Create electrical wiring schematics, flow diagrams, panel layouts, organize release packages, and update schematics.
- Participate in internal and customer design reviews, installations, and service calls when needed.
- Guide Electricians in wiring and codes. Support software Commissioning and Qualification (C&Q) requirements.
- Work with suppliers to find/develop the most functional and economical solutions to design issues.
- Work under the confines of the project schedule and budget.