- Develops, implements and analyzes manufacturing engineering plans and projects and communicates them to internal and external customers.
- Defines, develops and transfers manufacturing and engineering tools, strategies and systems.
- Develops manufacturing strategies for specific products and processes. Actively participates with engineering project teams in order to coordinate the release of new products.
- Estimates and tracks manufacturing costs, determines time standards, and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
- Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
- The ideal candidate for this position has exceptional organizational and multi-tasking abilities, an understanding of the manufacturing and quality processes for on-going production.
- Develop, implement and analyze manufacturing engineering plans and projects and communicate them to internal and external customers. External customers include supply chain and contract manufacturers
- Define, develop and transfer manufacturing and engineering designs to production
- Create Manufacturing routers and transfer knowledge to manufacturing personnel and contract manufacturers
- Define, design, develop tooling and fixtures as needed
- Develop manufacturing strategies for specific products and processes including actively participating in the engineering design team to coordinate release of new products
- Coordinate with manufacturing personnel and contract manufacturers to ensure products produced meet all quality and schedule requirements
- Estimate and track manufacturing costs including labor hours and materials costs
- Create and maintain records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations including shop floor travelers and work instructions
- Author and implement design change requests and corrective actions reports
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with a minimum of 4 years’ experience or a Graduate Degree with 2 years’ experience
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
Preferred Additional Skills:
- PMP Certification a plus
- Able to obtain a government Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with 3D CAD software including CREO or SolidWorks, PADS, Mentor Graphics
- At least 4 years’ experience with Microsoft Office Suite i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint