The Sr. Advanced Process Controls Engineer (APC) will be supporting the APC Center of Excellence (COE) with ongoing efforts in improving the manufacturing operations through optimized energy usage, improved yields, and improved capacity through the application of advanced control techniques.
- Provide expert support on DCS modernization projects, primarily for Provox to DeltaV conversions.
- Evaluate specific improvement opportunities using APC for economic return and feasibility.
- Implement new APC applications to capture bottom-line value for the corporation
- Review available APC tools and techniques for better process control and make recommendations as to their applicability and feasibility.
- Provide support on DCS modernization projects, including creating/modifying Control Functional Descriptions (CFDs), creating basic design packages, and working with Operations personnel to review and validate proposed design.
- Investigate improvement opportunities with implementation of APC and perform analyses to estimate potential economic benefit and prioritize against other opportunities.
- Plan, design and implement APC applications in a wide variety of processes to capture economic benefits.
- Train others on advanced tools and techniques, as applicable.
- Assist with development of KPI Dashboards that communicate advanced controller utilization and/or performance.
- Provide analysis and recommendations on preferred tools, techniques and platforms.
- Reports to: Sr. Manager, Advanced Process Control
Location Pensacola, Florida, Sun Fun Sand year around!! Highest paid position in the Chemical Process Industry providing expert DCS modernization for Provox to DeltaV conversion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering preferred, with 10+ years of related Process Control Engineering experience.
- Experience with DCS Modernization projects highly desired.
- Experience with dynamic model identification using techniques such as Finite Impulse Response (FIR), Sub-Space (SS) Identification, and Autoregressive-Exogenous (ARX).
- Experience with DeltaV MPCPro/MPCPlus and/or DMCPlus/DMC3 preferred.
MUST HAVE DCS modernization conversion experience for Provox to DeltaV
- Basic understanding of Advanced Process Control concepts and techniques, such as advanced regulatory (ratio, feed-forward, cascade), Model Predictive Control (MPC), inferential sensors.
- Basic knowledge of sequence logic design and programming.
- Highly self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Ability to work directly with Operations personnel to investigate, commission and monitor advanced controllers.
- Ability to communicate highly technical information in an understandable manner to non-technical audiences.
- Comfortable conducting presentations in-person and via web-based meetings.
- Ability to coordinate and lead APC projects across other locations.
- Exposure to Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning (ML) concepts and techniques.