The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager will be responsible for all aspects of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) for this manufacturing plant. This includes administering and driving improvement in site EHS management system to achieve compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Provide ownership and leadership for all EHS management systems.
- Works with the Site leader, safety representatives, site associates to implement cultural change.
- Serve as the primary focal point for interactions with outside regulatory agencies.
- Effectively leverage company resources to ensure best practices are shared and implemented.
- Mentor site associates on EHS related behaviors and drive improvement.
- Evaluate effectiveness of EHS training and clarity of role assignment in relation to EHS practices.
- Audit site activities to ensure compliance and maintain appropriate documents.
- Lead accident and incident investigations and reduction efforts.
- Update, maintain and report EMS management system metrics.
- Analyze plant injury and environmental data to identify trends for targeted improvements.
- Facilitate safety meetings with Committee members and employees.
- Hazardous material emergency responder and RCRA trained.
- Assist in waste management and other environmental programs.
- Permit writer for the facility (High Risk, Hot Work, etc.).
- BS Degree in Environmental, Health and Safety, Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years’ EHS experience in chemical/industrial environment.
- Strong leadership, influencing and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communications skills with both internal and external personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to generate and drive significant performance and process improvements.
- 5-15% when needed.