Our Client provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
This position is located in Fort Wayne, IN and has a workforce totaling approximately 1000 people with a Union partnership.
The HR Manager will work with the Plant Leadership and the HR function to provide the plant with Human Resource services. He/she is responsible for understanding the business needs of the plant and then translating those needs into HR services to ensure the plant benefits from strategic Human Resource services and standardized processes. He/she is also responsible for driving the strategic labor activities and initiatives as it relates to Union Management and Labor Relations. This position reports solid line to the plant manager and is a key role of the plant leadership staff.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities Of Position
- Ensure implementation of Company policies and standardized processes within the Company facility
- Assist in defining facility strategies (i.e. training, compliance, labor, change management)
- Deploy strategies and programs as designed by the Company
- Lead positive employee relations programs in the facility
- Provide strategic HR solutions to plant manager and staff
- Facilitate issue resolution between employees and managers, as required
- Perform employee and labor relations duties, including grievance procedures, contract interpretation, and local contract negotations
- Coordinate staffing activities (including recruiting, selections, and placement) for the location including both salaried and hourly positions
- Act as a consultant and advisor to plant business leaders for Human Resource issues (i.e., career development, staffing, discipline, performance and talent management)
- Analyze HR metrics and create and implement action plans based on those metrics in line with the Function and/or business objectives
- Ensure efficient and accurate payroll, administration processes, and employee data/records
- Help coordinate employee involvement and community involvement teams and/or programs
- Ensure that Affirmative Action plans are in place and implemented: Participate in any OFCCP audits (US Only)
- Ensure orientation and induction for newly hired employees and contractors is completed
- Perform internal investigations, prepare necessary documentation, and testify at hearings, as required
- Implement diversity strategy within the facility
- Manage and develop HR staff
Company has over 10 billion in annual sales. Exceptional benefits!
Minimum Qualifications Of Position
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in human resources
- 5+ years of labor and employee relations background working within a union environment and negotiating contracts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Proven experience leading change
- Background and familiarity with HRIS and payroll systems (SuccessFactors, SAP, ADP, e-time, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead teams, as well as, drive people development
- In-depth understanding of employment law and other government compliance regulations (i.e. FLSA, FMLA, etc.)