The Manufacturing Controller provides operational, analytical and programmatic support to the organization. The Controller supervises the Controller reports directly to the Regional Vice President, NA and also the Site Plant Manager on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to Planning /Forecasting & Analysis (PFA), cost benefit assessments, inventory analysis, forecasting needs and the securing capital investment needs.
- Works in a safe manner, follows all established safety protocol.
- Work with the Plant Manager on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships on city, state, national and international levels, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the Plant Manager and Director of Sales in identifying new business opportunities, the drafting of prospective financial and discount offerings and determining cost effectiveness of new and recurring customer portfolios.
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the Plant Manager in identifying program opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Analyze production activities (raw material efficiencies, direct and indirect labor efficiencies, equipment efficiencies) and provide substantiating documentation and recommendations to the Plant Manager and Operation Teams.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: month end close activities and monthly financial statements, departmental expenses and variance analysis, product profitability, and other reporting as required by parent company and regulatory agencies.
- Work with senior management to develop capital investment plan, and oversee investment approval, release and spending.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization. Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
- Serve as one of the trustees and oversee administration and financial reporting of the organization's Savings and Retirement Plan.
- Manage insurance, tax and financial audit requirements and lead engagement with all necessary third-party providers.
- Oversee the inventory of all fixed assets assuring all are in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Financial and Accounting management,
- Ability to recognize and be responsive to the needs of all clients of the organization, the Board of Directors, local community advocates, participants and employees.
- Ability to create and assess financial statements and budget documents.
- Strategic thinking
- Knowledge of organizational development, human resources, and program operations.
- Knowledge at expert level general office software, particularly Microsoft Office Suite and use of databases. Additionally, strong understanding of ERP systems (SAP).
- Ability to supervise staff, including regular progress reviews and plans for improvement.
- R - The Controller
- R - Finance experience in a manufacturing / operations environment
- R - Five to seven years of financial experience and management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of an organization of at least 100 employees.
- P – Operational / Logistical management experience in a manufacturing environment
- R – Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or related field
- P – Active CPA or CMA
This position manages the Finance/Accounting and IT departments and is responsible for the hiring and performance management of the department. This position will interact and be expected to create close relationships with the Operation Teams.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement