Job Summary of the Project Engineer:
Our client, a developer of advanced embedded computing systems in the Las Vegas area, is looking for a Project Engineer to take a key role in developing next-generation products. In this position, you'll be responsible for preparing project schedules, pre-planning, resource forecasting for engineering, and other technical activities as you take projects through the full development life-cycle. You will also be responsible for reviewing contracts, coordinating with assigned personnel, and monitoring and ensuring effective communication and coordination on assigned programs between all engineering disciplines/participants.
This is a successful, growing company offering significant growth opportunities and career development.
Responsibilities of the the Project Engineer:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drives the overall NPI product development schedule: specification, design, development, and production/manufacturing of first-article
- Recommends process and procedure improvements
- Clearly documents all aspects of the projects managed, follows Quality checklist for audit
- Communicates any problems or potential delays. Drives project time lines and deliverables
- Communicates project status to all appropriate parties on a regular basis; Communicates project status to appropriate internal stakeholders (daily, weekly, and monthly)
- Collaborates and assesses needs through all phases of assigned projects
- Holds product/project meetings with project engineering team members
- Consistently delivers projects, programs and initiatives within defined scope and on time
- Creates project plans for Engineering NPI projects and drives cross-functional teams to complete projects within required timeline
Qualifications for the Project Engineer:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree or equivalent with 3+ years of experience working on projects through the full development life-cycle.
- Experience working on embedded and/or electronic product development.
- A proven ability to establish, develop, and maintain a good working relationship with engineers from the hardware and software engineering domain, including at the lead level.
- Experience driving and maintaining project schedules and handling changes to project requirements and schedules is required
- Must have an understanding on what it takes to plan a product from concept to release with proven success in managing project time lines and priorities using project management best practices
- Must have in-depth understanding product configuration management
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with a proven ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions
Compensation of the Project Engineer:Salary Range: $100,000 - 115,000/year, depending on experience
Competitive compensation and benefits which include medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k with employer contribution, PTO, paid Holidays, and on-site fitness center.
Location: Henderson, NV
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: No. US Citizens or Green Card Only