Senior Human Resources Generalist
Des Moines, Iowa
Our manufacturing client in the Des Moines, Iowa area is looking to add a Senior Human Resources Generalist to their team. Under limited supervision this SR. HR Generalist will administer human resources policies and procedures that cover two or more functional areas. Collects and analyzes HR data and makes recommendations to management.
- Perform activities in functions such as employment, compensation, benefits, training, compliance and employee relations.
- Participate with recruiting programs, interviewing, screening, evaluating and selecting qualified applicants.
- Participate with managers regarding job evaluation requests.
- Interpret human resources policies, counsels employees concerning work related problems and conducts termination interviews.
- Conduct and prepare material for employee orientations.
- Conducts research, analyzes data and prepares recommendations on assigned projects.
- Provide assistance to line management regarding employee relations practices.
- Provide technical guidance to lower level staff.
- Requires a Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires 5+ years related HR experience.
- Must have the ability to advance into an HR Manager role within 5 years.
- Knowledge of HR techniques, applications and programs.
- Strong working knowledge of HRIS systems (SAP) and Microsoft Office.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to utilize and recognize ways to improve workflow efficiency and implement change.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits Package
- Vacation and Paid Time Off