Human Resources Generalist x2 openings
Des Moines, IA
Our manufacturing client in the Des Moines, Iowa area is looking to hire a Human Resources Generalist. This HR Generalist will partner with the entire human resource team in managing the workforce at this site. As a key member of the HR Team you will help ensure the retention and engagement of the workers.
- Collaborate with the HR Manager in administering the Collective Bargaining Agreement, answering grievances, troubleshooting labor issues and partnering with labor leadership.
- Assist the HR Manager with analyzing the data on employee turnover, employee satisfaction surveys, exit interviews and other metrics to enhance and improve HR programs and services.
- Administer and interpret company policies and collective barraging agreement in relation to employee questions, complaints and suggestions.
- Provide significant contributions and expertise in the areas of employee engagement and retention.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and exercise good judgement and discretion in handling information.
- Collaborate with operations leadership through coaching, counsel to improve relationships, build morale and improve hourly retention.
- Support and coordinate engagement activities.
- Contribute to key projects to improve program performance.
- Bachelors degree required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Manufacturing experience is required.
- Ability to formulate a successful partnership with labor leadership.
- Demonstrated outcomes with the ability to advise, persuade, mediate and confront difficult, unusual or high impact issues.
- Previous plant and/or union and Labor Relations experience is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize work and work in a self-directed, and fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing culture shifts.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus.