Our Client is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Our Client provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
The Human Resources function in the United States has openings individuals who are interested in a HR Development Program that provides opportunities in diverse areas. Individuals participating in this program will be given the opportunity to rotate through multiple roles in plant manufacturing, functional support and center of excellence positions. Individuals who apply and are accepted into this program will be expected to be able to relocate multiple times as necessary. The program is geared toward talented individuals who are looking to jumpstart their career with challenging opportunities to learn, develop, and accelerate their career growth.
General Job Description:
Positions in the HR Development Program include HR roles in manufacturing facilities, labor, functional support, and other HR center of excellence areas such as compensation, benefits and talent. Individuals may provide HR support in the areas of employee relations, talent acquisition, talent management, training & organizational development, compensation & benefits administration, headcount reporting, AAP and EEOC Compliance, communications, safety, payroll, and other HR administration.
An example of specific job duties may include:
- Administering human resources policies, procedures and programs, including FMLA, disability, tuition reimbursement, safety, work conduct, etc.
- Ensuring and enforcing compliance with all applicable employment laws, company policies and collective bargaining agreement terms.
- Coordinating talent acquisition and talent management activities for hourly or salaried personnel such as on-boarding, and job bidding process administration.
- Working with compensation and benefits to deliver robust employee programs
- Maintaining and ensuring accuracy of time and attendance records for all employees, including accurate and timely processing of weekly payroll.
- Supporting HR efforts related to investigations, governmental inquiries, grievance resolution, performance and absence management and disciplinary actions
- Acting as change agent to continuously improve processes, methods, past practices, and establish policies.
- Planning, organizing and coordinating various projects, programs and committees related to employee relations, safety, internal communications, etc.
- Supporting local leadership in action planning related to employee engagement.
- Responding to day-to-day HR employee inquiries and request.
- Building strong relationships with operations team, union representatives and other business partners to deliver business objectives and resolve issues.
Company has over 10 billion in annual sales. Exceptional benefits!
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- Intern or co-op experience in either Our Client, or similar company, preferred
- Awareness and understanding of state and federal labor laws and regulations, with an emphasis on US labor law.
- Proficiency in Windows environment, including Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Microsoft Outlook. SAP or other HR systems experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to easily build credibility with internal customers and associates.
- Organizational skills – ability to manage high workload of data and multitask proficiently
- Honesty / Integrity; must be a role model for other associates in the organization
- Mobility and relocation to other Our Client locations required – must be able to make multiple rotational moves in first 5 years in program.
- Ability to travel periodically