Our Client provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities. Our client is a solid company that has a strong foundation including promoting from within. One chief opportunity for this position is to take Continuous Improvement to the next step. To the extent that change is necessary this candidate needs to have the management attitude of a change agent.
Our Our Client Fort Wayne facility is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline products that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving primarily the Light Vehicle market place – Our Client Fort Wayne provides products to both original equipment manufacturers, (OEM) and the aftermarket.
Our Client is seeking to fill the position of Production Supervisor candidates for their plant in Fort Wayne, IN. Positions are available on 2nd and 3rd shifts.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate employee activities.
- Assist in all items associated with the quality system.
- Continuous improvements to the production program.
- Assist in employee problem response and resolution.
- Maintain acceptable customer quality standards; maintain the quality of production; take necessary corrective action to improve.
- Maintains high standards for housekeeping, safety, and general maintenance.
- Monitor employee attendance and assist in maintaining attendance records.
- Maintain discipline within the department
- Maintain daily timekeeping and production records
Company has over 10 billion in annual sales. Exceptional benefits!
- Have a Bachelor Degree in Business or Engineering or minimum of 5 years of manufacturing supervisory role.
- Knowledge in machine set-up.
- Self motivated.
- Good organizational skills.
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to work overtime and weekends as required.
- Ability to travel for education, training, and production department representation on customer/supplier calls.
- Must have excellent attendance record.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing or Kaizen.
- Must be able to lead projects.
- Assist in process improvements.
- Desire to become a Manager.