The purpose of this role is to define and implement the system supporting the process of scientific development for drug discovery.
The development of this platform will be ensuring that scheduling is correct and robust. This engineer will work with other scientists and operators to identify and define best practices for writing protocols that maintain scientific intent. This team focuses on the optimization of the services and components, implementing fault-tolerance and fail-fast strategies in order to scale and thereby enhancing the modeling, scheduling, and dispatching of ever more complex protocols
Be part of an organization that is speeding up drug discovery through technical engineering. This engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining an echo system of several scalable and distributed subsystems that translate, schedule and dispatch experiments in our automated labs.
- Fluency in at least one major programming language, e.g. Java, C/C++, or Python (Scala is a plus)
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Knowledge of UNIX, system administration, networking, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud services, primarily AWS
- Proficient in software engineering practices encompassing the software development life cycle, including coding standards, code/design reviews, source control management, CI/CD, testing, and infrastructure
- A proven understanding of storage and data processing systems, interface and API design, and the ability to use and apply them in real-world situations with complex constraints
- Experience implementing, scaling and debugging large scale distributed systems with an event driven architecture
- Worked extensively with high volume low latency messaging infrastructure such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Experience working closely across a variety of teams including other backend engineers, front end engineers, and product management
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with a track record of driving collaboration both within your team and with other teams
- Act as a mentor for less-experienced peers through your technical knowledge/leadership skills and advocate for technical excellence
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; the capability to take a high-level mission and translate it into action with minimal guidance
- Willingness to travel to partner sites