Major and established global company that is part of the world leading company for what they manufacture and has a good working culture has an opportunity for a Quality Engineer in their vertically integrated and large manufacturing environment. The location is upstate NY. Will work closely with Manufacturing and Engineering to evaluate and resolve technical problems. Will regularly perform root cause analysis for issues affecting safety, quality, cost and delivery. Under limited supervision, will use extensive technical skills, expertise, and knowledge of quality techniques as applied to electro-mechanical assembly, machine shop, welding, or other related processes. Will provide project leadership and develops processes/procedures for Quality Systems. When this position is filled there will be a total of 5 people working in the internal quality department and in the total quality department 13 people. The company has many departments and this position will have significant variety. There is profit sharing potential that has been averaging about 7% over a number of years. In addition, there is an attractive relocation package.
• Broad engineering knowledge of manufacturing, quality, industrial, and mechanical processes.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings - knowledge of GD&T.
• Ability to develop a process when given an assigned end state
• Able to train others in complex technical tasks. Able to develop and document training standards and maintain a schedule for training activities consistent with the needs of the department and external customers.
• Evaluates technical quality problems and develops solutions to such problems, with appropriate documentation (e.g. engineering changes or quality system procedures)
- Previous quality engineering experience highly desired
- Prefer metrology experience
- Prefer NDT – Non Destructive Testing and being a CWI – Certified Weld Inspector
- CMMS experience is a plus
- Experience with manufacturing of products out of heavy steel
- Gauge R&R a plus
- SPC a plus
- Manufacturing industry experience in the vehicle, appliance or aerospace are examples of good industries that could have experience in
- Prefer understanding of TPS and continuous improvement
Position requires Bachelor's Degree in an applicable engineering field such as metrology, quality, mechanical, electrical, industrial etc. Previous engineer experience of at least 1-3 years is also required.