This position is for a Project Manager assignment for the Security Portfolio that consists of multiple Security technology projects geared towards separating 18 current security tools into 3 separate legal entities. The span of responsibility covers all aspects of Project Management functions within the Security Portfolio of projects that will deliver security-specific tools, solutions, controls, and processes for large and highly complex systems, infrastructure, and applications.
Ensures projects are delivered on time, on budget, and with quality by leveraging matrixed project teams. Provide oversight and management of all phases of the Security projects including (but not limited to) business requirements gathering, functional requirements gathering, system/infrastructure design and architecture, system development, application development, functional testing, performance testing, user acceptance testing, and support activities.
Work collaboratively with integrated teams to successfully deliver the projects and proactively address risks and issues for improved delivery confidence. Conduct, facilitate, and participate in various meetings regarding the coordination of project activities and deliverables.
Prior experience as Project Manager for the implementation and/or divesture of leading-edge IT and/or Security Technologies, Solutions, and Tools for large enterprises.
Experience in managing extensive client interactions and providing detailed status/progress for the projects on a weekly (or on needed frequency) basis.
Create and maintain various project artifacts, including but not limited to:
Project Charter/Initiation Document
Project Plan including subsidiary plans for managing requirements, change, testing, communication, implementation, risk, issues etc.
- Project Schedule in MS Project
- Resource Allocation Model and resource Estimate
- Risk and Issue Logs
- Communication Plan
- Quality Assurance Plan
- Project Status for leadership reporting
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities across all phases of the projects within the constraints of the product scope, resources, time, and budget.
Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding. Must be able to influence and partner with Functional Managers to achieve not only wins for own objectives and deliverables but also those of the broad organization.
Experience in working with internal and external managers to coordinate joint management oversight execution of all technical/infrastructure changes.
Experience with identifying internal and external resources required for each security infrastructure implementation upgrade or client release requiring support and manage the execution of the POA.
Experience in managing approves project budgets with monthly variance reporting that includes a Project Sponsor review cycle.
Experience with ensuring appropriate project communication is occurring on an on-going basis with internal and external stakeholders.
Interfaces/ Coordinates support tasks required from various technical support teams and external vendors as required.
Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives, possess good technical skills including scheduling, estimating, and costing.
Proficiency in project management planning and estimation tools.
Experience in monitoring and controlling resource utilization per the approved project budgets.
Excellent knowledge of MS Office toolset - MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, and MS Visio.
Strong communication skills
Ability to work independently
Ability to work under pressure
Ability to provide structure in an unstructured and rapidly changing environment
Required Years of Experience
Prior experience as Project Manager for the implementation of leading-edge Security Technologies, Solutions, and Tools for large enterprises. * Experience managing and delivering Security projects that involve separating various technologies. * Familiarity with industry-leading and a broad spectrum of security infrastructure solutions and products.
- Retail industry exposure.
- PMI PMP certification is a plus.
- ISC2 CISSP certification is a plus.
- 10+ years of IT experience working to support and enhance security solutions and infrastructure such as identity and access management, data security and loss prevention, network security, and application security at the enterprise level within an organization.
- Knowledge of and experience with managing infrastructure-related projects including installation of hardware and software solutions (for mainframe, distributed servers, storage, middleware, networking)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Knowledge of technology product offerings and experience with hardware, software, and software development methodologies is required in order to understand the impact of a new project and its impact on a technology product
- Ability to lead dynamic, energized, and highly creative multidiscipline high-performance work teams in learning and applying new skills/techniques to respond to business needs.
- Leadership skills including coaching, organizing, integrating, directing, controlling, and motivating.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Experience with the creation of required Plan of Action (POAs) for all major security and infrastructure implementations that include detailed steps and activities with identified ownership and execution timing.
- Effectively allocating resources and managing large projects in a cross-functional environment, workflow balancing, activity scheduling, problem resolution, and flexibility.
- Seeks out opportunities on a continuous basis to enhance the customer relationship as they arise.
- An understanding or experience with Service Level Measurements with contractual obligations and how they are applied to infrastructure projects is a plus