We are seeking an Application Engineer (Program Control Systems) to join a global manufacturer where you will have a hands on role in creating control systems for military applications.
- Ability to work with a project team, communicate effectively across departments, and meet project deliverables.
- Grow as an engineer to direct a small team and give general direction to others, Manage the fluid systems technical scope for gas turbine packages within the specified Americas 60 Hertz (A60) regions.
- Develop process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) utilizing COMOS for gas and liquid systems, coordinate technical information from systems for consolidation into overall project documentation – utilities, instrument setpoints.
- Conduct engineering calculations for the sizing and selection of systems components, such as control valves, safety valves, filters, accumulators, tanks, heat exchangers and pumps.
- Author technical specifications for purchase of components, auxiliary systems, and modules.
- Support the Project Lead Engineer (PLE) with internal and external clients, Represent the applicable systems and nodes in HAZOP and SIL studies. Support internal and external production activities, including disposition of non-conformances and evaluation of material deviation requests, Monitor and manage the systems engineering schedule and budget, including on-time release of deliverables.
- Provide support to bid management (BM) and front-end engineering (FEE) to review and provide comments and exceptions to client specifications and to identify deviations from standards and to estimate commercial impacts if compliance is required. Provide systems engineering expertise and support to commissioning and field service, conduct design reviews on systems engineering scope and attend project design reviews. Report to the Mechanical and Systems Engineering Manager
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering(preferred), Other engineering disciplines include Aerospace, Chemical, Petroleum, and Systems
- 5-10 years’ experience with Engineering Experience in the following fields, Gas Turbine Fluid Systems, Rotating Equipment, Package Integration & Layout, Mechanical Engineer including R&D and Installation & Commissioning
- Software Proficiencies in Teamcenter, NX, SAP, COMOS, JIRA, Industry Standards Familiarity in API 614 and API 617, Knowledge of VBA, Hysys, Matlab, FEA, or any rotordynamics software
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers