Are you interested in recommending tax strategies to better the client's tax position?
Do You have a deep understanding of the tax law?
Are you interested in and capable of training junior staff?
If you are interested than this is the right position for you.
- Prepares complex individual, corporate, and partnership tax returns
- Performs review of individual tax returns prepared by tax staff or interns
- Serves as a technical resource for tax staff and interns
- May have the opportunity to work on estate, gift, trust and international tax returns
- Conducts basic and complex tax research
- Collaborates with firm colleagues to conduct tax planning for individual, corporate, partnership, estate, gift, trust and international tax clients
- Reviews federal, state and local tax notices and drafts responses
- Authors and collaborates on articles, blogs and e-books
- Delegates work to tax staff and interns
- Supervises tax staff and interns; defines expectations and performance indicators
- Participates in firm wide and tax department administrative projects
- Acts as key client contact person for smaller engagements
- Fosters and exemplifies collaborative working relationships with all employment levels of the firm
- Assists with training of other tax department or firm accounting personnel
- Represents firm at intern recruiting fairs
- Develops a network of industry peers and business contacts, meets with prospective clients, and cultivates referral business
- Attends networking events
- Three to four years' experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in knowledge and depth of understanding with the complexities of tax issues
- Bachelor or master's degree in accounting (or taxation) from an accredited college or university
- CPA license (or CPA eligible)
- Proficiency with tax software programs and tax research products
- High level of proficiency in Adobe products and Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills to meet client and tax compliance deadlines
- Self-directed and self-motivated work ethic that contributes to the client service team by producing quality work with quick turnaround and attentive service
- Works with an entrepreneurial approach to client service while building positive working relationships with clientele
- Comfortable with preparing and presenting workshops, seminars and training sessions to both internal and external audiences