My biotech client is expanding and seeks a Research Associate to join the Protein Sciences group. The ideal candidate will take on the following tasks:
- Protein expression in mammalian cells; occasional expression in yeast and insect cells
- Protein purification by chromatography-based methods including affinity, ion exchange, size-exclusion, use of FPLC systems for semi-automated purifications.
- Protein characterization by standard biochemical techniques including SDS-PAGE, western blots, thermal melts or activity assays.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess the following qualities:
- BS degree and 0-2+ years relevant experience
- Experience with mammalian cell culture techniques
- Experience using standard methods to express and purify recombinant proteins
- Experience in biochemical characterization of proteins including SDS-PAGE, analytical SEC, western blot, thermal melt.
- Ability to contribute multiple collaborative projects in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.