Special Instructions: Please do not apply for this position unless you have hospice and/or home health industry experience, no exceptions.
The Patient Care Manager is a registered professional nurse who ensures quality of patient care in the patients' residence. Primary
function is for the overall administration of the clinical departments and monitoring of appropriate staffing and productivity.
Coordinates care with the interdisciplinary group (IDG), patient/family and referring agency. Monitors and analyzes QA/PI issues
and directs clinical staff with regard to agency policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate School of Nursing
• Current State license as a Registered Nurse
• Current State Drivers License
• Two years of experience as a Registered Nurse in a clinical care setting, hospice or home health preferred
• Experience in EMR a plus
• Specialized skills preferred in palliation and end-of-life
• Direct and coordinate clinical departments and sites; assumes responsibility for continuity, quality, and safety of services
delivered in compliance with State and federal regulations (Conditions of Participation)
• Promote the philosophy and administrative policies of the Agency, in an effort to ensure quality of patient care
• Supervise and provide direction to nursing staff and team members, in an effort to ensure quality, compliance with Plan of
Care, assessment and reassessment of patient's needs and continuity of services by appropriate health care personnel
• Supports employee and patient education to enhance knowledge, skills and achieve quality experiences. Continuously
trains nursing staff to retain employees with the highest quality of patient care
• Provide coaching, development, feedback and annual evaluations to team members in a professional and timely manner
• Monitor QA/PI Program and assures appropriate corrective measures are performed
• Promote compliance with all fiscal intermediary and/or other third party payors, through education, coaching, and other
assistance as necessary
• Member of the Interdisciplinary Group (IDG) and assist in development of the IDG plan and participates in QA/PI activities