Our client, a higher education institution, seeks a Senior Project Manager/Business Analyst excited about bringing together and leading project teams focused on strategic projects improving and maturing how we use technology services to do the work of running the organization. The ideal candidate will have experience leading efforts to improve business processes using various enterprise technologies, will have hands on experience working with ERP/CRM systems, and will employ creative strategies to help clients understand, manage, and improve complex processes and systems. Reporting to the Senior Director for Project Management and Business Analysis Enterprise Technology Services, you will collaborate with business and technology teams as we seek to transform the enterprise systems used by the Institution to support education in an expanding portfolio of programs offered online and on our campuses in the United States and Europe.
The ideal candidate is comfortable with and skilled in managing strategic/complex projects and performing detailed analysis. They are a key member of a team of highly engaged professionals charged with helping to modernize, streamline, and standardize business processes and systems in a creative, entrepreneurial environment.
The Senior Project Manager/Business Analyst (SPMBA) functions as project manager on strategic projects and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of projects ensuring consistency with client's strategy, commitments and goals.
The SPMBA functions as a business analyst, serving as a liaison between client’s client and technical areas to assess and develop requirements for standard end-user, business, and service needs and procedures. The SPMBA plans and conducts preliminary studies of potential administrative applications and prepares project charters to reflect resources required to develop services that meet client needs. The SPMBA also plays a role in performing quality assurance, systems testing, and user acceptance activities.
The SPMBA provides leadership by participating in the ongoing refinement of internal best practices and developing close partnerships internally and externally to ensure the delivery of high quality services that meet the needs of the client community. The SPMBA coaches colleagues across the organization in project management and business analysis techniques and works to mature the institution’s project management and business process improvement framework in a way that fits within the culture of the organization.
The SPMBA adds project management and business analyst expertise, industry knowledge, and informed opinion to strategic Enterprise Technology Services department discussions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate and monitor all project activities ensuring all deliverables meet quality and performance objectives
- Serve as a liaison between client and technical areas to assess and develop end user, business and service requirements
- Maintain a high level of communication with internal and external teams providing clear, tactful, and complete directives, realistic deliverable deadlines and prompt feedback.
- Work side-by-side with project and departmental team members in a hands-on capacity in order to ensure that all deliverables meet client expectations.
- Perform business analysis, quality assurance, systems testing, and user acceptance activities
- Coach colleagues across the organization in project management and business analysis techniques
- Adhere to and promote client's vision and guiding principles
- Contribute to the refinement of internal best practices to ensure the delivery of high quality services that meet the needs of the client community
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 12+ years’ experience (10+ with advanced degree) effectively managing complex projects and/or services in support of business functions.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), CSM (Certified Scrum Master), or CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) certification is required.
- Sound project management knowledge, skills and abilities with a variety of methodologies (waterfall, lean, agile) and business process tools (e.g. swim lane diagrams), and the flexibility to apply the best method to the needs of each project
- Experience in a higher education environment preferred but not required
- Experience with administrative business applications (e.g. ERP, CRM) required Workday or Workday Student a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills to understand the broad range of needs and various support requirements for delivering exemplary customer service.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written formats as well as to create and maintain positive, productive working relationships with both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to operate independently and set priorities amongst multiple task assignments.
- Excellent judgment and strategic skills for ensuring mutually positive outcomes, balancing internal priorities with client objectives.
- Equally comfortable with detailed analysis and research as with 'big picture' considerations and priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, assignments, and projects.
- Attention to detail, and ability to achieve results
- Proven ability to work & lead effectively in a highly diverse campus community
- Demonstrated capacity to develop & maintain effective working relationships with individuals & organizations reflecting a broad range of identities, perspectives & experiences.