As Process Engineer you will own laser and drill process. The position is open due to promotion. Thorough training will be provided. Our client company benefits from its large group of engineers, and its degreed engineers who have transitioned to work in different roles.
The work environment is fast-paced and highly varied, with an emphasis on new product introduction support for medical, defense, aerospace, and semiconductor applications. Our client manufactures products that are used in space, implantable devices, and similarly high-reliability applications.
This position is based in the Northfield, MN factory, 35 minutes south of Bloomington, MN.
- Own laser and drill processes. Control and improve capability. Achieve specific goals in an accelerated environment.
- Purchase and qualify capital equipment year. Decommission older equipment. Support customer qualifications.
- Operations support on first shift, and occasional support during evenings and weekends.
- Lead the development of improvement roadmaps to support growth.
- Lead root cause analysis activities for relevant processes on a daily basis.
- Engage with customers, agencies, auditors and suppliers on-site.
- Lead or participate in cross-functional improvements.
- Create and maintain process documentation. Assist in Operations training.
- Stay up to date with industry developments, and communicate relevant information.
- Advise needs for capital investment in coordination with company goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar studies
- Skilled in statistical analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Minitab.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented