The RN / Director of Hospice is responsible for the day-to-day management of our Home Care Services-Hospice and for the effective and efficient use of all resources in carrying out the organization's purposes.
- Directs the hospice program through management of Clinical Managers and support staff according to their abilities and defined responsibilities.
- Manages program administration, planning, supervision and evaluation.
- Manages day-to-day compliance with regulatory and reimbursement requirements as defined by the Medicare COPs, State, Medicare and The Joint Commission requirements.
- Participates in the development and implementation of administrative policies.
- Establishes functions and qualifications for all personnel in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Determines staffing needs and staffing patterns according to program requirements and with consideration for utilization of personnel at their maximum potential.
- Authorizes appointments of staff positions consistent with network policy and approval of Executive Director.
- Oversees compliance with human resource policies.
- Represents our Home Care Services to the community and Hospitals as requested or as necessary to nurture and maintain a collaborative working relationship.
- Managing, directing and supervising patient care activities.
- Oversees the QA/PI program within the hospice department and collaborates with Clinical Managers in the development of in-services and educational experiences for performance improvement.
- Participates in palliative care activities within our Home Care Services, system hospitals and the community.
- Develops and is held accountable for departmental strategic goals and service line development.
Ability in program administration, including knowledge of healthcare policies and reimbursement practices.
Demonstrated excellence in managing human resources.
Demonstrated excellence in both written and oral communication.
Knowledge of federal, state and The Joint Commission regulations.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Healthcare or related field.
Completes necessary education to attain RN licensure.
3 years Supervisory experience in a home health agency, hospice or related health program.
2 years RN experience in Hospice.
California Registered Nursing License
Current Basic Life Support.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Master's Degree in Business, Healthcare or related field.
Experience: Director of Hospice experience.
Licenses/Certifications: Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN)