This position will play a pivotal role in supporting the general accounting and internal controls for various business and/or centralized functions within the North American Accounting Team. We are seeking individuals who are self-starters, can prioritize multiple deliverables, initiate solutions, and who can be strong team players in helping achieve the goals of the Accounting function. This is a growth opportunity role with the ability to interact with senior level management across accounting, finance and the rest of the business.
Key Job Activities:
The Senior Accountant will have the opportunity to develop strong business partnerships across finance and throughout the company as well as challenging the status quo with current processes. This individual will also participate in the company’s transformation and implementation of its new general ledger, SAP S/4HANA. Finally, this position will serve a significant role focusing on General Ledger accounting, general compliance with US GAAP, flawless execution of the company’s internal controls, and assistance in maintaining the company’s accounting policies and related procedural documents.
Areas of focus / Emphasis may include:
- Preparing and reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Ensuring that reconciling items are identified and resolved on a timely basis.
- Coordinating accounting and controls work and related deliverables with internal/external audit and the internal controls group.
- Coaching and acting as a mentor for staff across the North American Accounting Team to help build a world-class accounting function with strong talent and growth opportunities for all.
Support month end close by:
- Reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations for completeness and accuracy.
- Preparing journal entries and account reconciliations for other complex accounting areas.
- Working with business partners on those complex areas.
- Analyzing financial statement components specific to areas of responsibility and investigating discrepancies and variances in results.
- Preparing accurate financial information supported by GAAP and in accordance with the company’s accounting policies specifically pertaining to information provided by the entity (IPE).
- Responsible for compliance with internal controls, control documentation, and coordination with both external auditors and SOX PMO / internal auditors.
- Advance tools, processes, systems, and initiatives of Accounting Team to enhance current accounting processes.
- Serve as key contact and maintain direct communication with business partners within Controllership, Finance, Operations, and beyond.
- Participate in staff development and mentoring as well as promoting continuing education opportunities for all team members.
- Assist in overall transition of Business Unit Accounting from contractors to permanent team; transform with the company as it implements SAP S/4HAN.
- Prepare and communicate monthly ad-hoc reports, graphics, schedules and statistical reports.
Preferred Education: in Bachelors or Equivalent
Experience (North America & LATAM):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years' experience within Accounting / Finance roles and supervisory experience
- Experience in effective leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills capable of interacting with staff, peers, and senior leadership competently and effectively
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement philosophies (Lean/Six Sigma) in a practical work setting
- Prior experience designing IPE controls and MRC (Management Review Control) activities
- Prior SAP experience
- Prior Microsoft Dynamics AX Experience
- Prior experience mining large amounts of data
- At least 3 years of public accounting experience demonstrating a good understanding of GAAP, audit processes (internal / external), month-end closing processes, general ledger accounts, and financial statement formats
- Mid-size to large public company experience (preferable)
- Certified Public Accountant designation in US or local country
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred
We currently offer our employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment .