The TPM / Continuous Improvement Manager is part of the Leadership Team and reports directly to the Plant Director. The TPM & CI Manager coordinates the integration & implementation of TPM/LSS/NWT systems across the site and ensuring all internal and external resources are aligned against the priorities of the business including, safety, quality, production, cost and customer service.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the integration and implementation of TPM/LSS/NWT systems.
- Coordinate the development of the TPM master and pillar phase plan, track progress against the plans and leads issue resolution (Gap analysis, and adjustments to plan).
- Conducts quarterly TPM audits to ensure progress towards phase goals
- Participate in department reviews/activities to ensure that work is properly integrated and progress is on track.
- Lead, update and maintain Integrated Business Plan (IBP).
- Lead the plant annual Zero Loss analysis workshop
- Ensure that TPM work is impacting both results and the culture change towards the vision as determined by the plant zero loss journey
- Coordinate Total employee involvement (TEI)
- Drive culture of “TPM is the work”
- Support the plant’s Natural Work Team development through the TPM pillars and through mentoring of teams
- Develop an overall understanding of the different TPM pillars, and how they integrate through the master plan to deliver the improved results
- Provide technical leadership and partner with the Operations/Maintenance Department to effect improvement on production lines. Participate in development of strategies and in guidance of the operations to achieve proposed business True Efficiency (TE) objectives through loss elimination and technical capability building
- Understand and apply financial drivers and KPI to help lead cost reduction/cost control initiatives
- Engineering or related technical or Business degree
- 3-5 years in TPM / LSS experience, in a beverage / CPG industry preferred
- Excellent facilitation, people skills and effectively communicates with all levels of the organization.
- Assumes other responsibilities and performs special functions as may be assigned by the Plant Director