Our client is a world leader in laboratory equipment and services and has an opportunity for a Technical Sales Representative for it's industry leading analytical instrumentation used in R&D laboratories. The Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for direct sales of mechanical surface characterization instrumentation and services to customers covering Southern CA, AZ, UT and CO with an ideal base in the Greater San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland or Seattle area. The product lines include atomic force microscopes, tribology, scratch testing, and micro/nano-indentation instrumentation. This position generates revenue by soliciting and obtaining orders; understanding and interpreting technical requirements; providing technical solutions; training customers, ensuring customer satisfaction and developing accounts.
- The successful candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills and must be capable of communicating equally well with PhD level scientists and QC technicians
- A technical background in testing, mechanical engineering or material science is required along with the ability to train customers on complex instrumentation
- The ability to work independently and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction are essential for success
- Frequent overnight travel is required
- The preferred candidate will possess a B.S. degree in Materials Science, Engineering, Physics, or similar technical field and at least 2 years' experience in technical sales of analytical instrumentation or capital equipment.
- Prior sales experience in mechanical characterization is a plus.
Compensation Package:The client offers a highly competitive compensation package ($90k+ salary, uncapped commission from dollar one), monthly car allowance, mileage reimbursement and an outstanding low-cost benefits package for the full family.