Job Title: Sr. Manager, Security Operations Center
Location: United States-IL-Chicago
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for orchestrating the company-wide security operations program that meets the business objectives and needs of the company, our members, and product teams. Work requires a broad background in threat intelligence collection, cyber security defense analysis and Incident Response and Forensics.
Resources to do the job include a strong technical background and understanding risk, mitigation and technical controls. In addition, strong written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to communicate detailed, technical information in a manner comprehensible by individuals at varying degrees of experience and skill level is necessary. Required capabilities include the ability to lead initiatives and present content to all levels across the organization, vendors and service providers. The Senior Manager will also contribute to the company IT security strategy and roadmap. General direction is received from the Deputy CISO.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Analyze technologies and establishes highly effective processes and protocols to ensure comprehensive protection exists to prevent unauthorized entry into the company networks and systems.
- Work closely with threat management team to understand and apply cyber threat intelligence to infrastructure and our security controls in order to protect the environment from known cyber-attack vectors.
- Continuously evaluate and improve the effectiveness of our Security Incident Event Monitoring (SIEM) solution, providing adjustments to security tools, log ingestion and rules sets as required with the ever-changing threat landscape.
- Identify high payoff targets for cyber threat actors within the environment and ensure effective monitoring tools are in place to detect cyber threat activity.
- Lead the team to implement secure enterprise systems and identify issues that could compromise data integrity or security
- Lead the incident handling process, in alignment with FFIEC requirements managing the full lifecycle of cyber security incidents, ensuring an incident identified, properly categorized for severity, and escalated to the correct teams for containment and eradication.
- Develop and maintain an advance threat hunting operation with the purpose of detecting both nation state and insider threat actors.
- Provide weekly and monthly metric reporting to the Office of the CISO for inclusion in the risk scorecard analysis provided to the Senior Executive team and Board of Directors.
- Conduct independent verification and validation testing of the company networks and sensitive programs through internal team resources and independent consultant engagements.
- Support automation and orchestration to maximize team talent and reduce routine tasks.
- Develop IT security programs and recommend necessary changes to the information security team to ensure the company’s systems are fully compliant with all applicable regulatory requirements and privacy laws.
- Provide periodic training to company employees on information security topics.
- Create a working environment that is conducive to two-way communication, teamwork and learning.
- Utilize open communication and managerial courage to ensure the standards, expectations and goals of the organization are respected and upheld.
- Serve as a change agent and drive the department and business forward using effective management, analysis and strategic skills.
- Lead security-related projects from inception to successful completion and effectively coach technology staff on appropriate security protocols and needs as they implement new technology into the organization.
- Deliver superior results through quality execution and best practice adaptation
- Demonstrate courage, ability and agility to understand and address organizational transition in real-time; establish expectations for the unexpected.
- Translate strategic and operating plans into meaningful direction of projects, goals, priorities and activities
- Capture, analyze, and understand the internal environment, team dynamics, and talent capabilities to address organizational refinement, agility, and growth
- Champion Employee/Internal Customer Engagement, employee development, and all cultural hallmarks through a strong leadership signature and a growing command of leadership competencies
- Work with your direct reports and help seek out growth opportunities for your reports; continually challenge them to maximize their engagement and productivity
- Continually assess and provide discerning development, insightful coaching, and talent utilization/optimization for direct reports
- Apply High-Performance Management practices in leading an engaged workforce to effectively leverage the full potential and talent of this function
- Provide a structural and consistent approach to ensure that individual development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, the performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis
- Help propagate messaging across the organization that fosters a broader knowledge of Information Security, promotes collaboration, and influences constructive and positive change
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with privacy act directives.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants to this position must either have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered (proof of vaccination is required), or be willing to submit a negative COVID-19 test result in advance of each visit to an facility.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to 10+ years’ information security monitoring and response or related experience, and you have:
- CISSP; CISM and/or SANS certification a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience managing people, including technical staff, and has a proven ability to develop, coach and motivate employees effectively.
- Ability to effectively communicate business risk from cybersecurity issues or instances.
- Experience driving measurable improvement in monitoring and response capabilities at scale.
- Experience managing security information and event management (SIEM) systems, security automation, and orchestration solutions, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), file integrity monitoring (FIM), data loss prevention (DLP), and other network and system monitoring tools.
- Experience in investigations using formal chain-of-custody methods, forensic tools, and best practices.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills
- Understands service design and delivery concepts
- Demonstrates solid organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, and delegate responsibilities
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and the ability to make quick decisions and think outside the box when working with complex situations
- Demonstrates a high level of flexibility
- Possesses strong business acumen
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and is effective at interpreting and applying applicable regulation
- Desire to continually learn and improve approaches and methodologies
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off