Company: A fortune 500 company, founded over 100 years ago, our client is one of the leading paint and coatings companies in the world. With more than 156 manufacturing facilities, our client is known worldwide for helping customers enhance more surfaces through the latest science and technology in coatings and materials, impacting the Automotive, Marine, Architecture, Packaging, and Residential Construction markets.
- Competitive base salary
- 401K with 6% company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Major discounts with major customers
- Excellent relocation package
- Tremendous advancement opportunities
Our client, through leadership in innovation, sustainability, and color, helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. They seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share their values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
As a Senior Engineer for Battery Products, you will play a key role in the development and commercialization of battery products and make significant contribution to the long-term success of the mobility segment. The company has developed differentiated coating technologies to enable significant improvements in battery cell performance and the electrode manufacturing process.
- This role will drive formulation development, lead product qualification with battery customers, and transfer customer needs and findings from line trials to R&D.
- Work closely with commercial team to ensure effective customer communication and successful product qualification.
- Solve technical problems related to new product introduction.
- Incorporate voice of the customer and performance targets into formulation development.
- Collaborate with global technical teams to demonstrate process and performance advantage.
- D. in Engineering, Materials Science, or Chemistry with at least 5 years of industry experience.
- Masters or B.S. in Engineering, Materials Science, or Chemistry with at least 10 years of industry experience.
- Experience in Lithium-ion battery industry and electrode manufacturing is required.
- A track record of technical success is required, and a history of commercialization and collaboration with business partners in industry is preferred.
- Great communication skills and effective collaboration with cross-function teams.
- Excellent leadership skills with a lead-by-example attitude.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and hands-on entrepreneurial spirit.
- Some travel is expected.