Job Title: UX Designer - Agile
Location: United States-IL-Chicago
What will your day look like?
You will be the hands-on person responsible for designing the best possible digital experience for members in our digital channels. The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining a unified user interface across applications and focus on creating best practices and processes for helping the organization infuse human-centered design into its digital capabilities.
The UX Designer will oversee all elements of design, including: Ideation and Concept development, Information Architecture (IA), Visual and User Interface design (UI), User Interaction design (IX), Usability, and ADA Compliance. The UX/UI Designer will work with the business and technology groups to balance the needs and capabilities of the organization with the best possible member experience. Work involves providing thought leadership and paving the way for new interactions and product experiences.
The UX Designer will help instill a design culture in our business and raise the bar for design across our digital channels. The incumbent will be passionate about providing the best user experience through all digital channels and will have deep understanding of design, technology and user behavior. The incumbent will have the ability to visualize and design creative, simple customer experiences. Resources required are the ability to have a strong vision for how technology and design can create usable, accessible and gratifying user experiences within web and application development, mobile, and other emerging platforms.
Work requires an analytical and creative designer who is able to work with business partners across the organization to develop new features and solve outstanding challenges. General direction is received from the Manager, UX/UI Design.
What makes you a great fit?
- Design interactive prototypes and user interfaces
- Identify design problems and devise elegant, creative solutions
- Develop strategic designs and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Maintain the Design System through updates and releases
- Develop Sketch symbols based on new component designs, integrate with existing Design System
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions in written and oral form
- Lead collaborative working sessions such as design thinking, story mapping and design sprints.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Have cross platform design experience (Web, Mobile App, tablets, email)
Strategy & Best Practices
- Uphold and expand ’s brand
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to educate them in User-Centered Design best practices
- Uncover and understand user requirements, organization goals, and technical capabilities to apply to designs
- Proactively stay up-to-date on trends in Digital Design as well as in the financial services industry
- Strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience with front-end development technologies and frameworks including HTML5, CSS, etc.
- Collaborate with engineers and QA to ensure design quality at each step of the development process
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
Do you see yourself doing this?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Design, with a focus on Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction design, or related field, required, and you have:
- 3-5+ years’ experience in a UI/UX Design role, required
- Certification from a recognized UX authority is a plus
- Basic understanding of agile product development
- Expertise in usability, accessibility and responsive design best practices
- Ability to be flexible in prioritizing work, managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with prototyping and design tools, such as Sketch, Figma , InVision, Photoshop and Illustrator
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off